Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Be Relieved!

Peoples of Earth.
Perhaps this is more for my peace of mind than for yours, however now that I am back in Australia, and have a completely blank slate ahead of me, there are many many many many many things that I will do in the near future.
One of these amazing future accomplishments will be a REFINEMENT of as many as possible of my essays already published on this Blog.
I realise, fully, that practically all of my essays, right up until the Vietnam War/Kamikaze one I wrote just before this one, are unreadable.
My excuse: because it all came tumbling out of my head at the time.
I've had extensive experience in this kind of refinement, editing, whatever you want to call it. This was really all I did in University. University could be broken down into base units of two weeks (that's a fortnight!) wherein I had perfected the essay editing process to take two weeks so I could survive the onslaught of paper after paper after paper that is the result of choosing only humanities subjects.
But I got through it.

And I am aware that no-one thinks like me, and that if I want to get anywhere in this world, I should really refine my methods of expressing myself to the rest of the world, lest I retreat inside my head entirely. And I don't want to go there all the time, it gets weird in there if you stay too long (well, sorta. Ask me again later!)

So, stay on the lookout for Tom's revised, refitted, edited and refined essays, and I am sure you will enjoy them, and hopefully learn something, too. And PLEASE leave a comment! I want to generate discussion. Sure, it's fun to write my own stuff, but I want human interaction more than anything, especially since my 2010 Expedition!

I'll bee back!

From The Tominator.

No comments:

Post a Comment