Sunday, January 31, 2010

Funny, that.

Well, today was somewhat slow, but I got two very important things done: chronologically: I packed and moved some boxes of my stuffs out of the apartment here in Mito, Japan, as I will be vacating it myself in a matter of weeks.

Secondly chronologically, and probably first for impact, I had a talk with a recent ex, and cleared a lot of things up. I am certainly not going to go into any gory details on this blog, but suffice it to say this: LIFE has got a sense of humour. The talk was long, yet equally necessary, and at the end things were more resolved on my side than they ever were. After it all, I soothed my nervous system with some good ol' Nintendo 64, playing Rogue Squadron (Star Wars, one of the best games!). I was labouring away at a particularly difficult level - Escape from Fest, a level that has caused me much grief for many many years. I finally got the Silver medal, and, I swear, at the EXACT moment the medal was awarded to me on the screen, my phone went off with a truly honest and expressive email from that aforementioned ex. After a 10 month-long relationship whereby practically nothing was ever discussed openly and honestly and with true human emotions (other than crying!), she sends me this. At this time - with the long sought-after silver medal! Some people would consider it fate, or wacky, divine something-or-other "It's a sign!". However, I am not so primitively minded, and the world we live in is not really a chick-flick. Of course there was no sign, and of course me winning this long-awaited and much earned Silver medal at the same time as a truly long sought-after occurance in my real life was not any sort of weird or wacky divinity. No, my friends, it was simply, and nothing more than, another GREAT example of Life itself having a sense of humour.
Just as all those times you may feel overcome and overwhelmed by life, and you really have to just laugh at it all. This was that again.
You just have to laugh. Life is not trying to overwork you, make you miserable, or kill you - this is simply counter-productive in all respects! Life is trying to remind you that Life is supposed to me lived.
Or more accurately, life should not be used as a nominal pronoun or Proper Noun, because it is not any particular sentient supreme being like many humans want to think. Life is what we are doing, and all the feelings and apprehensions and adventures and actions and outcomes are all a part of life. Once you realise that it is YOU who is sitting at the controls of your life, then you can also realise that when I say life is trying to remind you, it is, in not so roundabout-a-way, YOURSELF trying to remind you that you are no longer living life as you really should, as it is meant to be lived. So sit back, listen to yourself, and be honest with yourself. If you are laughing, then you are once again heading down the right track.

This is The Tominator. If you learn anything from me, learn this: Life is meant to be LIVED!

From The Tominator.

No comments:

Post a Comment