Tuesday, October 20, 2009

BURSTING with ideas!

OK. So I was going to sit down here tonight and write a wonderfully crafted message to be sent out into the cyber-void for the benefit of anyone lucky enough to read this blog.
But I sat here for about an hour, and found that my ideas began rambling forth and there was almost no structure to it all.
Having sent a Looooooooooooong email to my mother a few weeks ago that was of the very same nature, I have been made acutely aware that my rambling, though coherent as it tumbles from my mind in the first place, cannot really be interpreted easily (and therefore correctly, or with anywhere near as much impact) by the reader. Even if that reader is myself, so I came to see....

Thus is born the miracle of editing.

So, as I realise that I have too much to say right now, I have begun editing my thoughts into a way that should be consumable by the reader, assuming the reader is of higher than average intelligence. No dummies here, thanks!

I fear this particular blog right here and right now is going to start rambling off soon, and I'd hate to be compared to those whacko America-hating dictators from shitholes around the world who get up infront of whatever ill-advised global forum let them in and ramble on and on and on and on and on about how much they hate America and the West and freedom and imperialism and blah blah blah blah blah!

So I'll end it with this little piece of justification:
In my life to date I have had few, VERY few people to whom I can express my thoughts. I have in the past found myself writing stuff down just for the heck of it, aimed at some unknown reader, but never seeing the light of day again. The truth is that my self-esteem is not going to tolerate my past lapses into voluntary muteness, and should anyone read what I have to say, it will be a good thing!
((I wrote 16 major essays and tutorial papers in University, and worked my arse off on every goddamn one of them! - At most only 3, THREE! people ever saw my work. That stops NOW!))
((See the last few lines of my first post - aptly titled "the FIRST!"))

And there you have it.
So, though the blog is fledgling yet, it wil grow in time, I assure you.

Until then,
Sayonara from The Tominator.

1 comment:

  1. There is an important difference between what you call voluntary muteness, and those ideas that we shout out to the world without getting heard. Even if no one reads, at least you're trying.

    Not that I was implying that no one would ever read your blog, of course...

    ReplyDelete