Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A New (Better) Social Darwinism Part 2

(((((OK, this Part 2 exists because I'm trying to succinctify myself (ie make myself succinct, whic would be much easier if "succinctify" was a real word, instead of me writing this long sentence to ensure you that I am indeed smart and literate and not a dork))))))


The Japanese work a LOT, but they work so much that a new fact is coming to my attention:
Less and less of them are having children. Now, this is NO new thing in the world of news. In fact, I found this wonderful little article about it here, and it is documented fact ( as far as I know) that Japan has the lowest birthrate IN THE WORLD! Why does this happen? Well, without tangenting off on THAT one (and you know I want to!), the standard response the Average Jap will give you is "Shikata ga Nai" - literally "nothing can be done" or "it can't be helped". Now let me tell you firstly here that I HATE HATE HATE this phrase, and the whoe mentality behind it. After 10 months of seeing the damn thing pop up all over the place, I can honestly say that it is one of, if not THE biggest problem facing Japanese society.
And let me tell you here secondly what that ever-so-loathable mentality is (in the most concise way I can). What it means is that whenever a major problem comes up, one is to simply sit there and say "I cannot do anything about it." In my mind, I liken this to, in all sincerity, lying down and prostrating yourself so that the oncoming problem may approach at whatever damn speed it likes and steam-roll you into oblivion, back up, and do it again and again and again. And once more if it feels like it. There are going to be Japanese people, and some misguided Gaijins who will argue with me, and they may - that is there right (at least where I come from).

So the brithrate problem really does seem to be et another victim of the shikata ga nai mentality. How so? Well, it is not true that Japanese people are looking at each other, not getting turned on, and then saying to their would-be lover "well, you are about as sexy as a dropped pie in dog shit, so there is nothing that can be done here (neither plastic surgery nor any drug will make me stand the act of fucking you)". No. This is NOT the case. In fact, take it on my own good authority that the Japanese of the fairer sex (the WOMEN!) are by and large smokin' hot!!!!
No, the problem is, as always, much deeper.
It is related to the work, of course. Let's do some simple mathematics: There are 24 hours in a day. If you spend 14 hours of that working, it leaves 8 hours in which to sleep, eat, shower, move your bowels, and take out the garbage (as well as all the other things we do when not working). If you got the recommended 6-8 hours of sleep that the doctors tell us to get, that means that all the other little activities that separate us from the animals are sacrificed for sake of a well-rested, high-strung and loyal employee. The sad reality of it is that Average Jap works more that 16 hours a day, especially the cultural curiosty that is the salary-man.
So, in all this, where is the copulating?
By accounts that are NOT my own, the smallest amount of time needed for the deed to be done is about 5 minutes - and that is if you have some kind of disorder you are buying a pill for.
And if you want to enjoy it, it should take well over an hour, including the act itself and all the goodness before and after. But WHERE does that fit into Average Jap's day????
"AH!" you say. "It doesn't!"
"Correct!" I say "You get a gold star!" IT DOESN'T fit in at all!!
This problem has grown so acute, festered to such a shade of green and black, that the new government (ie a new party, even if only in name - the DPJ) elected just this August 31st, has had to undertake a public policy of paying these people to get it on (in the words of the great Mr. Marvin Gaye). Imagine, a country populated with beautiful women, and the government is paying you to have sex with them. Sounds like a dream, doesn't it? It does to me......

But it is not. It is a nightmare. And it is now presenting me with a clear pathway to the ultimate oblivion of the Japanese race.

((((((((((continued in Part 3))))))))))))))))

No comments:

Post a Comment