Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Dexter Season 4 finale

I have many many many things to blog about at this point in time, but I have to get this one out NOW!
I just watched the finale for Season 4 of Dexter!
For the uninitiated, Dexter is a drama about "everyone's favourite serial killer". When first starting to watch him only a year ago, I had the same reservations that you have right now, but the show, the acting, the lead actor, Micheal C. Hall, is BRILLIANT! That is on top of an apparent incident when they first made the show on Showtime in the US, that, Jeff Lindsay, the author of the books by the same name that the TV show is based on almost quit because he didn't like the actor!
The books themselves are also amazing, and good reads. I am aware of only three so far, but I'm sure there are more, if not on the way.

Anyway, to my original point: The series from 1 to 4 were amazing. No.2 seemed to drag a bit, but in the end I think the point was made, though somewhat deceptively, in relation to the ongoing story of that season. No.3 was definitely back on track, and No.4 was stellar, and in no small part thanks to John Lithgow as a truly fucked up and twisted psycho serial killer, Trinity.

I don't want to ruin any of it for anyone who has not seen or read, but know these things: the books are different in story from the TV series, so double the fun!
And the finale for Season 4 was breathtaking? Flooring? Amazing? Heart-breaking? I can't think of the best word right now, I just gotta write something about it.
If you look around, you can attain it by well-lit or shady means, and if you can, watch it! Watch it ALL!

From The Tominator.

No comments:

Post a Comment